Tuesday 28 April 2009

Taking on Taxis


I often hear about students who have been overcharged by taxi drivers, particularly companies who claim to offer student specific fares and then do not deliver.

I have been working with trading standards in Birmingham to try and conquer this problem.

Before my term of office ends, I will create a section of the website for students to report being overcharged, or other problems for us to collate and take forward, working with trading standards to overcome the problems.

I am also working on a simple card that can be filled in and left at reception, for us to use in the same way.

The section of the website and system will hopefully take off properly during Welcome Week next academic year, where full attention can be given to promoting the new reporting scheme!

No comments: